Friday, April 20, 2012

MAKING MY OWN PAPER

This is a very basic paper making recipe.

First cut your magazine in to small pieces

            Fill blender half full with the cut paper
            Add approx 2 cups of hot/warm water











           Blend water and paper together, adding more water if
          consistency is to thick
           Remove from blender, if you want your paper a particular colour
          add a few drops of food colouring. My mixture was grey so I used
          blue food colouring but red or purple would have also mixed well
          with grey to give a nice soft, consistant colour
Roll mixture onto mesh netting. An old flyscreen and a cyder bottle did the trick. Make sure your net frame is off the group so the water can drain from the paper
       I left my paper in the sun all day and in the evening carefully
       lifted the paper from the screen and rolled out any excess
       moisture by rolling it in between two pieces of newspaper.
 
    I then had my own paper from recycling my Marie Claire. I left
    my new paper to dry from DAYS! It took so long to dry because  
    my paper was very thick.

   
   
    ....Now I can draw on it!

1 comment: