Saturday, August 4, 2012

MARRYING JULY AND AUGUST TOGETHER

We are now in August! And I’m in Germany!
I know what you’re thinking, I’ve missed July but I haven’t.
It’s just all part of a bigger plan.
I’ve had to marry July and August together for this big project. I needed more paper and more time than just one Marie Claire could offer.

The July issue of Marie Claire focused on their support of gay marriage. They published a series of celebrities wearing ‘I do’ slogan tshirts, with a brief quote about why they support marriage equality.
The House of Representatives sit in August 2012 from the 14th to the 23rd and if the amendment isn’t extended the MP’s will vote on same sex marriage being recognised in the Australian Marriage Act. 
I took this idea and run to Germany with it. Where same sex marriage has been legal for over 10years.   

I needed help for this project and where better to creatively collaborate than in Berlin, with Berlin based Australian jewellery designer Mies Nobis.
Mies Nobis

I don’t what to give too much away, but as August rolls on, so too will the progress of this project. It will all come together in the end... you’ll see.


AM


No comments:

Post a Comment