Saturday, May 12, 2012

SO IT'S MAY, AY?

So far May has been hectic! Hence the reason I’m only sitting down with my Marie Claire and it’s already the 12th.

In this issue I discovered that an Australian study of more the 2300 children, found the mums that had 2-6 alcoholic drinks a week during pregnancy had children with fever behavioural problems. This is great to know, and I’ll be sure to tell my pregnant friends. But I can’t help wonder if the findings of this study were actually that mums that had/still have 2-6 alcohlic drinks a week consider their children’s behaviour less of a problem...

War and Peace, a great article on women photographed in Sarajevo during civil war by war photographer Tom Stoddart. It revisits their lives and all in all, gives an insight into the strength of these women and how they lived through civil war.

There is also a Marie Claire photography competition. Tucked away in the editors letter there is a mention of it, no link, or deadline, but Frank does say that it’s themed around women!

 So here’s a link, and the deadline’s June 30th.

www.marieclaireinternationalphotographyaward.com




AM

No comments:

Post a Comment